Saturday, November 1, 2008

Run Dad Run

My Dad and Brett ran the St. George marathon again this year, so Alyssa and I headed up to Utah to watch and visit with everyone. It was a great weekend. The day of the marathon it rained and I mean poured, not just a light sprinkle. They both finished despite that. Chances of me ever running a marathon are slim anyway, but I know that if was raining I would find something else to do that day. Running 26.2 miles in wet shoes just isn't my idea of fun. But we still came out to support the guys. We met them out on the course to say hello, we got a little sense of how the boys felt while we hiked up the trail to meet them. It was really wet but at least we had umbrellas. :o)

Do you see the yellow dot coming down the trail?


That's my dad! Megan helped him pick out what to wear. It sure made him easy to spot. :o)


Dougie waiting in the rain.




Walking back to the car.


They made it to the finish line. I still can't believe they run 26.2 miles for fun. Crazy boys! ;o)




Alyssa was so proud to see her dad at the finish line!


No comments: