Tuesday, June 17, 2008

College Graduation

So I finally graduated. Can you believe it? I'm sure my family and coworkers are really happy that I won't keep reminding them exactly how many days left until my graduation. To be honest, I did it even more when I found out it driving my Dad and Doug nuts! Sorry guys. ;o)

It was really HOT at the ceremony but it went well. The speakers were interesting and they kept it fairly short. The student who spoke compared life to a game of chess. We may makes decisions in life and we can't always for see what is going to come next. But once it's done it's done and we have to see what we can do from there. The second person that was supposed to speak decided not to show up at the last minute but the person they got to take her place did a great job! He talked about how important it is in life to have a plan B. At the graduation, he was plan B, he took over when plan A didn't work out. He then went on and gave examples of how throughout his life, his plans hadn't worked out but plan B had and it may have even turned out better. One of the best examples he gave was when he was in college he thought he wanted to be a Byzantine historian. He went to go talk to his counselor and she was telling him that she thought it was a great idea and then she told him all of the languages he would have to learn; Greek, Latin, French, Italian, Greek, German, Arabic, Romanian, and the list just kept going. In the end, he became an English historian and found that he liked it just as well.

Anyway, It's such a relief to be done. I'm sure that there will be things that I will miss about college. I will miss learning new ideas and listening to my professors tell crazy stories. But I won't miss studying for midterms, writing papers, or driving back and forth to Riverside!!!


Here are some pictures of the big day!






No comments: