Monday, June 23, 2008

Sea World...again

Not even Alyssa can believe it.

Last week I decided to take a couple days off to relax after graduation. One of those days we went to Sea World. I have been having way too much fun with my camera lately, so I have lots of new pictures to share. When we first arrived we went to the dolphin show. They even jumped for joy because they were so excited to see us again. (Ha, ha, ha) To celebrate, they decided to drench us in 60 degree salt water. It was...refreshing.
Then we were off to go see the penguins. The lights were dimmed inside because it is winter in the southern hemisphere right now. In Antartica, it is dark most of the time during their winter months. Sea World tries to keep a similar atmosphere in their artificial exhibit. So that meant no pictures inside, but don't worry I got a picture of Miss Alyssa outside by the penguin statue.
Next we went to Wild Arctic, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite places at Sea World. The ride is fun and it's always nice and cool inside, which is especially nice during the summer time. ;o) The cool animals they have there also keeps things interesting.
Alyssa got a little surprised while looking around in the polar bear cave. I think she may have heard one coming. ;o)
Cirque de Lamer... I mean Cirque de La Mer was next on our list. I am always amazed at the neat tricks the performers can do.
What is Sea World without Shamu? So we had to check out his show.
The we went to one of the aquariums where we saw jellyfish. Every time I see them I think of the part of Finding Nemo where Marlin and Dory run into a bunch of them. Bad Squishy. If you don't know what that means, watch the movie, it's very entertaining. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
We had some extra time before the night time shows started so we went and saw the new 4D movie. Aren't the glasses super cool? I'm sure you're totally jealous.
The night shows finally came and we saw Ignight, the newest show at Dolphin Stadium. I thought the fire was a nice touch but it was a little scary since we were sitting in the very back and could still feel the heat when the fire started.

No comments: